We’ve gotten some great resumes and inquiries for the open position but also some questions regarding clarity of the requirements.
So let’s expand on what this position entails:
1) Job responsibilities
– check out / cash register
– stocking of shelves / shelf maintenance (keeping the product organized / alphabetized)
– closing out of register
– vacuuming/ sweeping
2) Job requirements
– a car for possible pick up of product (this will be a very seldom occurrence but we like to be prepared. Time and gas will be compensated)
– knowledge of either comics or gaming (we have a large casual fanbase of both so they rely on staff to help them)
– a positive attitude
– flexibility in schedule (the position is for nights and weekend hours for the bulk of its schedule. However, we want to ensure our current staff can cover you if something occurs and that you can cover them in the same regard. We are proud that we’ve always had a staff willing to fill in gaps where necessary)
The scheduled hours would be mostly Monday through Friday 3:30 to 8 pm and rotating weekend hours, but are subject to change. This should equate to about 25 to 30 hours a week.
This position pays $11/hr.
5) Start Date
The current plan is June 1st.
6) To Apply
We ask that all resumes be dropped off in person as emails do get lost in the shuffle. We want to ensure you don’t miss this opportunity due to an email that was accidentally skipped over.
Interviews are being scheduled for this week and next.
If you have any questions about something not covered in this post, call us at 301-663-3039.
We wish all of those interested in the position luck and hope to hear from you soon.